Bücker Bü 131 "Jungmann" (Nuori mies) oli 1930-luvun peruskoulutus kone joka oli myös Luftwaffen koulutus-käytössä toisen maailmansodan aikana.
Yksi tälläinen kone oli suomessa 1938 ja ennen talvisotaa se pakko - otettiin ilmavoimille koulutus käyttöön 14.10.1939.
Koneen sijaintipaikka oli Tampere Härmälä lentokenttä. Kone oli ilmavoimien hallussa koko tavisodan ajan. Tämän aikana sillä lennettiin kaikkiaan kahdeksan (8) tuntia.
Kun sota päättyi, kone perus-kunnostettiin ja palautettiin omistajalle heinäkuu 1940.
Kone oli eräs parhain koulutus- ja taitolento-kone joita tuohon aikaan valmistettiin.
Miehistö: Kaksi (opiskelija ja opettaja)
Pituus: 6,62 m (21 ft 8 in)
Kärkiväli: 7,40 m (24 ft 3 in)
Korkeus: 2,35 m (7 ft 6 in)
Siiven pinta-ala: 13,5 m² (145 ft ²)
Tyhjä paino: 380 kg (840 lb)
Lento-paino: 670 kg (1500 lb)
Moottori: 1 × Hirth HM 504 nelisylinterinen ylösalaisin rivimoottorin, 70 kW (100 hv)
Huippunopeus: 183 km / h (99 kN, 115 mph)
Matkanopeus: 170 km / h (92 kN, 110 mph)
Range: 628 km (339 nm, 390 km)
Palvelu kattoon: 4050 m (13300 ft)
Kohoamisnopeutta: 2,8 m / s (6600 ft)
Siipikuormitus: 46,3 kg / m² (9,49 lb / ft ²)
Teho / massa: 100 W / kg (0,064 hv / lb)
The German Bücker Bü 131 "Jungmann" (Young man) was a 1930s basic training aircraft which was used by the Luftwaffe during World War II.
After serving in the Kaiserliche Marine in World War I, Carl Bücker moved to Sweden where he became managing director of Svenska Aero AB (Not to be confused with Svenska Aeroplan AB, SAAB). He later returned to Germany with Anders J Andersson, a young designer from SAAB. Bücker Flugzeugbau GmbH was founded in Berlin-Johannisthal, in 1932, with the first aircraft to see production being the Bü 131 Jungmann.
Bücker Flugzeugbau's first production type, the Bü 131A was the last biplane built in Germany. It had two open cockpits in tandem and fixed landing gear. The fuselage was steel tube, covered in fabric and metal, the wings wood and fabric. It first flew on the 80 hp (60 kW) Hirth HM60R.
In 1936, it was followed by the Bü 131B, with a 105 hp (78 kW) Hirth 504A-2.
Most wartime production for the Luftwaffe was by Aero in Prague.
Sturdy and agile, the Bü 131A was first delivered to the Deutscher Luftsportverband (DLV).The Bü 131B was selected as the primary basic trainer for the German Luftwaffe, and it served with "virtually all" the Luftwaffe's primary flying schools during the war, as well as with night harassment units such as Nachtschlacht Gruppen (NSGr) 2, 11, and 12.
Yugoslavia was the main prewar export customer; "as many as 400 may have found their way" there. She was joined by Bulgaria with 15 and Rumania with 40.
Production licenses were granted to Switzerland (using 94, 88 built under licence to Dornier), Spain (building about 530),Hungary (which operated 315),Czechoslovakia (10, as the Tatra T 131, before war began) and Japan, the last of which built 1,037 for Army with Hatsukaze power as the Kokusai Ki-86 and 339 for the Navy Air Services as the Kyushu K9W. In Spain, production continued at CASA until the early 1960s. The Jungmann was retained as the Spanish Air Force's primary basic trainer until 1968.
In the 1960s and early 70s the Spanish, Swiss and Czech governments sold their Jungmanns to private owners many being exported to the United States. About 200 Jungmanns survive to this day, many having been fitted with modern Lycoming O-320 (150 hp) or O-360 (180 hp) four cylinder engins with inverted fuel and oil systems for aerobatic flight.
In 1994, the Bü 131 was restored to production briefly using CASA jigs by Bücker Prado in Spain, with 21 aircraft constructed as the BP 131,while SSH Janusz Karasiewicz in Poland also started production of a version of the Jungmann based on Czech plans in 1994.After the deceased Janusz Karasiewicz the Polish company Air Res Aviation continues the production of the Bücker Jungmann.